Some benefits of walking or biking to school:
- Participate in physical activity as part of their day.
- Foster healthy habits that could last a lifetime.
- Gain a sense of independence.
- Arrive at school alert and ready to learn – children who get more exercise get better grades.
- Reduce traffic congestion around schools.
Interested in starting a Walking School Bus in your neighborhood? A Walking School Bus is simply adults walking kids to school. Melissa Grzybowski will be starting a group in the Highland Park area. Contact her to join in or for help getting a “Bus” started in your neighborhood. 218-929-3125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.