Friday, August 28, 2009
Please join us for this Chamber Women's Innovative Network event. From 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. with dinner of your choice between Chilled Salmon Salad, Margarita Chicken Salad, or Florentine Spinach Salad.
Michelle Lee, Co-anchor of Northlands NewsCenter will be the speaker. Michelle has a personal and inspiring story on transforming herself into a stronger and healthier mind and body. She wants to share her challenges and triumphs about competing in a body building competition on her 50th birthday and motivate others to take charge and make the commitment to their health.
$16.00 for Chamber members, $20.00 for non members.
Call 218-262-3895 or email email@example.com to make your reservation by September 10th.
Sponsored in part by the Hibbing Chamber of Commerce, Women's Innovative Network, Fairview University Medical Center- Mesabi, Anytime Fitness, MAC, and the Scoop on Howard.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Please join us for the 8th annual Men’s Wellness Night. This event is an evening filled with educational topics geared to men of all ages, free health screenings, dinner, & door prizes.
4:30 – 5:45 Registration, Displays and Screenings
5:00 – 5:50 Dinner
6:00 – 9:00 Program
- Good Nutrition at Any Age, Kim Johnson, R.D.L.D., C.D.E., Fairview UMCM
- Low Impact Exercises, Harry Grinage, Master Trainer for Matter of Balance Program
- Exercise Band Demonstration, Matt Berg, Pt, Ep, Fairview – UMCM
- After All, It’s Your Life, Rod Raymond, M.Ed., ACSM (Keynote Speaker) - Rod Raymond is one of a few Master Personal Trainers in the country and has been in the business of helping others achieve their dreams and strive for optimal health for over 15 years. He is the wellness director at the University of Minnesota Duluth, a 20 time Ironman Triathlon, owner of five highly successful businesses and an author of several books and videos.
Please register by September 11th. To register by phone, call: (218) 362-6665 or (888) 870-8626, ext. 6665 or register online at: www.range.fairview.org
Due to the generosity of sponsors, registration is free. Sponsored by Central Mesabi Medical Foundation, Fairview University Medical Center – Mesabi, and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
The Hibbing/Chisholm Rangers team formed in March, the team helps children and adults with intellectual disabilities discover the challenges and rewards of athletic competition. To date, approximately 60-70 athletes from Hibbing and Chisholm are part of the program. The athletes range in age from six years to adults well in to their 70's.
Registration for the ride begins at 11:30 a.m. at The Brick Yard, fee for the ride is $10 per bike. Riders will take off at noon and make 3-4 pit stops and end up back at the Brick Yard.
The route will be Side Lake, through Togo to Effie and then down to Bovey and eventually back to Hibbing. The estimated arrival time back in town should be about 5:00p.m. Those who can't join the ride, burger baskets benefitting the team will be served at the Brick Yard from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information about Special Olympics read the full article online at the Hibbing Daily Tribune website http://www.hibbingmn.com/.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Schedule of Events:
- 6:30 pm Hibbing City Band
- 7:00 pm Hall of Service and Achievement Induction Ceremony
- 7:30 pm Hibbing City Band
To read more about these men go to the Hibbing Daily Tribune website.
In case of rain - the event will be held at the Library.
For more information call (218) 263-8522.