Wednesday, August 25, 2010
• Pickup class schedules. Hibbing High School students may pick up their class schedules outside of the high school office between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, Aug. 26-27, and Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 30-31. Schedules may be picked up between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 1.
• Counselors. Counselors for grades 7-12 will be available from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 and 27, and intermittently on Aug. 30.
• Lincoln Elementary School - Teacher class lists will be posted in the Lincoln Entry from Friday, August 27th (after 2:30 p.m.) through Thursday, September 2nd.
• Seventh grade students and new student orientation. An orientation for incoming seventh graders and students that are new to the district will be held at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 25, in the high school auditorium. Staff and administration will present helpful information to students and parents and will be available to address questions or concerns.
• District wide open house. All Hibbing Public Schools will be open to students, parents and community members from 8 a.m. to 2:50 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 2. All parents and students are encouraged to attend the open house at HHS to tour the building, visit classrooms and meet staff. Note that the high school teachers will be at lunch from 11 to 11:40 a.m. on this day.
• First official day of school for students. The 2010-2011 school year for Hibbing High School students will begin at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 7.
Hibbing Area Religious Release Time classes will be starting on Oct. 6 for hrades 3-6 and on Oct. 13 for grades 1, 2. Release Time classes are held on Wednesdays from 12:25 to1:50 p.m. Grades 1 and 2 alternate with grades 3-6 every other week. Transportation from the schools to the participating churches is provided. Participating churches are the Church of Christ, First Baptist
and Grace Lutheran. Registration forms will be included in the opening day packets received by students. They need to be filled out by parents and sent to the address provided. Need a form or have other questions? Call 263-LOVE.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Friday, August 27 at noon at the Mesaba Country Club registration fee is $300 per 4-person team. Event includes golf, dinner, and prize drawings. Contact Gary at the Golf course to reserve a cart. All proceeds go the towards indoor play park equipment. For more information call Brian at 929-1235. Here is a great opportunity to spend some time on the green and support the Hibbing Kiwanis Little Ones Indoor Park!
The 2010 Mosquito Run motorcycle ride to support Special Olympics Minnesota will be held on Saturday, Aug. 21. The event is sponsored by the Brick Yard, 408 E. Howard St., Hibbing. Registration will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Brick Yard. The ride departs rain or shine at 11:30 a.m. Preregistration fee is $25, with the day of registration fee at $10. Registration includes T-shirt for the first 100 registrations, breakfast, chance to win gift certificates at each stop and burger bar at the Brick Yard at the end of the ride. Stop at the Brick Yard in the afternoon for a burgerbasket with proceeds also going to Special Olympics.
LET’S ALL ‘RALLY’ TOGETHER TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE on Thursday, August 26, 2010. Registration 8a, Shotgun Start at 9a, and a complimentary lunch at noon. Three woman teams with a shotgun start - 9 hole scramble. Entry fee: $20.00 per player ($60.00 per team) Make checks payable to: Rally for the Cure Limited Space Available – Call the MUNI to reserve your spot 362 5950. This event was underwritten by an anonymous donor of the Hibbing Foundation which includes green fee, continental breakfast and lunch.
All funds raised from the event will be used for the Project Care Free Medical Clinic. The free health care clinic is located at 3112 Sixth Ave E. and is currently open two Thursday evenings a month. A Duke Skorich Fundraiser will be held on Wednesday, July 28, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or until sold out at the lower level parking lot of the Fairview University Medical Center, near the main entrance. Beef and pork sandwiches will be available for $5. Pre- orders are available by calling 263-8549.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Precincts will be open from 7:00 am until 8:00 p.m on the 10th and if you can't make it that day, you may vote absentee in the City Finance office on Saturday and Monday.
Hibbing offices to be narrowed to two candidates through the primary election are:
Extended Hours for Absentee Voting
Pursuant to Minnesota Election Laws 203B.085, the City of Hibbing Clerk's Office will be open at the following times in addition to their regular hours in order to issue absentee ballots:
August 7, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
August 9, 2010 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The citizens of the City of Hibbing, in the County of St. Louis, and the State of Minnesota, who are duly qualified electors of the City of Hibbing, Minnesota, are hereby advised and notified that the PRIMARY ELECTION will be held on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at the officially designated voting places listed below, between the hours of seven o'clock in the morning and eight o'clock in the evening of said day:
Precinct No. Location Address
1 Kelly Lake Community Center - 207 North 3rd Ave., Kelly Lake
2 City Hall - 401 East 21st Street
3 Irongate Mall - Highway 169 & Newberg Road
4 Maple Hill Community Club - Townline Road & Highway 73
5 Lincoln Elementary School - East 11th Avenue & 23rd Street Parking lot entrance (Handicapped accessible)
6 Stuntz Firehall - Townline Road
7 Range Regional Airport Terminal Building - East Highway 37
8 Kitzville Community Center - 125 Third Street, Kitzville
9 St. Louis County Court House - 12th Avenue East & Howard Street
10 Memorial Building - East Wing - 400 East 23rd Street
11 Memorial Building - East Wing - 400 East 23rd Street